Saturday, October 18, 2008

The world is full of love. The world is full on love.

hmm. Found out today that I won't have internet until 28 October and am not quite sure how I'll cope until then. At the cafe and I'm being swept up around, it's annoying me. I'm annoyed. It's one of those days where everything is annoying me and I'm not quite sure why really. I've actually had a spiffing morn', went to the farmer's market on Whiteladies Road and got myself a huuuge leek (now I need to figure out what you actually make with a leek), a yummy chocolate brownie and some other farm fresh goodies and all for under a fiver (thanks Jamie Oliver!) Then it was charity shopping, tea, and other afternoon niceties with Milo.

I feel like I just need more internet time, as I'm rushing through everything and I miss the good old days of twice, even THRICE daily blog posting.

Maybe a list form would be best for all of this information then... clear, concise, to the point
(plus my pie from the market is waiting for me)
What happened this week
1. I'm going to start teaching yoga twice a week and a fun and playful yoga dance class once a month at Yogasara studios in Montpelier. I found the owners to be so lovely and welcoming in a time where I had been craving some real communication here in Bristol. I can't wait! I'll be posting the class times and dates on my yoga blog Spiral. Yoga. Dance
2. I have a new job... yes, it's temporary and yes it's quite boring work as a receptionist at an engineering company, but it'll will pay for my rent and it's only 2 1/2 days per week. It's mostly guys, but there's a really sweet, cool girl Lauren who works there. My time speaking with her was really balancing for my social sensibilities which I feel like have been out of sorts recently. I think that I have a "talking quota" that needs to be filled everyday and the less that I speak, the more I feel out of balance and unhappy. I don't like to feel lonely and my first week or so here in Bristol was exciting, but was peppered with that gnawing feeling of loneliness.
3. I wrote an ad out to gumtree looking for crafty ladies and lo and behold, actually found that a few have replied. Happy days! Now to actually be a proactive person and make sure that we actually meet up. If I put my mind to it, maybe I can even organise a craft night for everyone interested.
4. Spoke to home today, felt like it had been ages with the move and the time difference and the phone not being hooked up... it was great to speak to my Dad and Trish (stepmom) and I even got a grumpy hello from my 3 year old brother Ryan. I hope to call my sister tomorrow and my Mom on Monday and then start to tick of a list of American West Coasties that I've been itching to speak to because I have... drumroll please... free international weekend calls!! Be still my beating heart. Now if only they would hook up my internet I would blow kisses in Tiscali's direction.


No comments: