Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today. What I Love....

Today, it's sunny outside and I feel rejuvenated and alive. It always amazes me what a little bit of sunshine in my window will do for my mood. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night to get some water and opened the blinds and the window. The sky was so clear, I could see the stars and a bright, bright moon. I opened the window and stuck my head out breathing in fresh, clean, moon charged air. As I got back into bed, I just watched the light from the moon spill in through the window into the bedroom and I didn't want to go back to sleep. I just wanted to stay up watching this beautiful night scene that was playing out in my bedroom. It's made me realize how much I've been missing my communion with nature, being immersed totally in the nature that's around me, being in an environment that totally inspires me. Sleeping outside in a tent, so close to the earth. Feeling dirt and earth on my fingers, feelings the sunshine on my face, looking at the moon and stars, swimming in the sea. I know that I'll have this all back someday, it's just that I feel so out of touch with myself at the moment and I know that part of it is not being inspired by what surrounds me. So I took some photographs of what inspires me around my flat.
Baby mung bean sprouts.... the magic of creating life from dried beans that were sitting in my pantry.


Our plants that we've recently recovered from Milo's parents', aloe vera and cactus from his sister and Mr. Bud Pleasedontdie, a fuschia plant given to me from his mom as a little present. When I first got Bud, he was so tiny and fit in a little planting pot. Over the summer I've moved him three separate times and he's grown so big and strong. I can't wait to eventually plant him in the earth and have him grow to the size of a bush.



Today, I love my colored pencils and I love that my colored pencils say "The Spectrum Sings" on the side of them.

No comments: