Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New week, newness





Ay yi yi yiiiiiiiiiiiiii! So the crafty ladies brigade went so well & I was buzzing all night afterwards from the energy that the 8 amazing ladies who showed up created. It made me so happy to see everyone crafting away and chatting to each other :o) I can't wait for the next one! Now I wish it was every week instead of every other. It'd be nice to get a few new faces to add to the group as well. There were some knitters, scrapbookers, card makers, origami, beads & wire, & jewelry makers. Yay!

I'm going to a lecture tomorrow with a new academic lovin' friend from Bristol, Katie. The lecture is about the history of Bristol and should be really interesting. I'm so happy that I have someone to go along with!

I'm sad to say that I haven't been getting a lot of crafting done lately, because I was away for a few days at Milo's parents house and also I've been applying to graduate programs in Counseling Psychology, so have been shifting my focus a bit to a more academic me for the time being. I have a few entrance essays to write & have been studying for the GRE's which I'll take in London in a month (eeek!) Although, the Bath Christmas Fair is in 3 weeks, so I need to be making an arsenal of crafting goodies to sell! Not enough time!!

It's all a bit sketchy in terms of the job at the moment, so waiting on a phonecall.... Have done a sweet deal with a yoga studio here in Bristol (Bristol City Yoga) to work as an apprentice/intern, trading admin skills for free classes & teaching tutorials. :o)

Here are some things I have been working on.. new journals & I've been making lots o' bookmarks with my new laminator.

How is everyone's November so far? What's keeping you motivated during these dark & cold nights that seem to stretch on forever? For me it's 1. lots of tea 2. watching The Wire on dvd (soooo good!)

1 comment:

Lucy Barfoot said...

You have made some lovely things!

Crafty Ladies was indeed fantastic, what a nice thing for us all to look forward! I am looking out for new recruits!

Shifting focus is all ok, you know you're a crafter at heart, you will get back to it.

November is grey. Keeping me motivated is making my new years resolutions early! And i'm sticking to them!

Hope you got your phonecall, see you Tues! Yeahhhh