Monday, November 3, 2008

Pancakes, new jobs, crafts, overworked mind...


Hello, hello hello!

It's been awhile, I know. Things have been really crazy recently with job interviews and settling down from having friends over last weekend. It was so nice to have great friends around me, especially since I've been a bit lonely here in bristol trying to settle in and make friends, it was amazing to have besties around me for girl chats and long walks. I posted photos below from our weekend of myself, Emma and Jess. It was Jess' last weekend in the UK before she moves back to Australia to enjoy the warm summer.

Well, nix the pancakes actually... haha! Milo was in the kitchen making us some pancakes for dessert, but using rye flour instead of wheat, but it unfortunately didn't work out. It's alright though because we have a semolina like cereal for breakfast tomorrow instead. :o) Milo's been giving me Photoshop lessons so I can start making digital copies of my cards and print out larger amounts, making them look more professional and much easier for me instead of hand drawing every detail. I hope to be able to buy a nice printer if I make a bit of money from the Bath craft show.

Good news! I went for a interview at Bench clothing, sort of funky street wear just to see if they have part time xmas positions, but wound up getting hired for an assistant manager position (starting off as a sales assistant and then getting trained up as a supervisor) Yipeee!! Pluses are 1. a good wage 2. getting to wear jeans 3. able to walk to work 4. should be quite busy so the day will go by quickly. The only downside is not being able to go home for christmas like I had planned :o( Gutted.

I'll be teaching yoga soon here in Bristol and also will be teaching my dance class once a month. I'm looking forward to bring yoga back into my life in a big way, teaching what it is that I need to learn, bringing myself back into my body.

I've applied to take my GRE's in London in December so I can apply for graduate school next year. I'm really missing university life and being a student and it's been so difficult to be here in Bristol around soo many students with their books, off to classes and having coffees with school mates. Soooooooooo jealous! I'm looking at schools here in the UK, but also in America in Philadelphia, NYC, Portland, Miami, Seattle, San Fran, San Diego. I'm planning on rolling the dice and I'll see what the universe sends back to me....

No comments: