Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pump up the jam!

Today I made jam, for the very first time.... jam, jam and more jam. I've been staying with my boyfriend Milo and his parents for a few weeks while we're waiting to move into our new flat in Bristol. We're out in the English countryside and while sometimes (actually, most of the time) it makes this city girl feel stir crazy and removed from the busyness that makes me feel complete, it does have it's charm and is amazingly beautiful.
I've pasted a mosaic of some pictures that I took over the summer around Stoke Bruerne.




Today Milo and I went foraging for blackberries in the fields around his house and came back with purple stained fingers and a large metal bowl filled with plump and delicious blackberries. I came back and made blackberry and grapefruit jam using this recipe that doesn't use pectin, but I feel like it has too much sugar in it... only time will tell. Also to get in to the autumn season and because I had a craving, I made a little bit of blackberry applesauce. Yum!

No comments: